We believe the best way to decide whether or not teaching might be the right career for you is to get some classroom experience!
EAST SCITT offers observational visits within our schools, to provide interested applicants a chance to see what life in the classroom is really like.
Observational visits are typically one or two days long with the majority of the time being spent in the classroom in lessons.
You will be able to:
- Watch a range of subject lessons taught to different age groups
- Observe tutor time (part of the pastoral programme)
- Talk to teachers about their experiences of day-to-day life in school
- Meet with one of SCITT team about next steps at the end of your visit
- As well as giving you invaluable insight into whether or not becoming a teacher might be right for you these placements also provide you with relevant school experience to support an application for teacher training.
We need you to be:
- Committed to attending an arranged visit
- Passionate in your journey to explore teaching
- Patient and understanding
We will strive to arrange a mutually convenient time for you to visit, but please be aware, schools are busy places and we receive a significant number of requests for observational classroom experience. With this in mind, it is important, you can commit to attending.