Two Week Taster Programme
Each summer, EAST SCITT plans to offer a limited number of undergraduates the opportunity to undertake a two-week teacher training taster programme.
The programme will be deigned to further extend the experience beyond an initial observational visit, or Thinking of Teaching event. It is expected to be available for those considering either primary or secondary teaching.
This excellent and unrivalled opportunity will provide:
- A true first-hand insight in to teaching
- Classroom experience, which could include: assisting with lessons and providing subject support to pupils
- Shadowing experienced teachers and observing lessons, developing into a chance to jointly plan and deliver lessons
- One-to-one guidance from outstanding classroom teachers and the SCITT team
- The chance to be involved in wider school activities – from trips to sports fixtures
Further details will follow, but in the meantime, please register your interest in being considered for this programme.
Please note: Our Two-Week Taster Programme will be subject to the government’s restrictions in respect to Coronavirus. Up to date information will be provided on registering your interest to attend.