Part Time Training Opportunities
EAST SCITT recognise that potential trainees may have commitments, which ordinarily may put them off considering a career in teaching.
We are proud to offer the opportunity to train on a part time basis. Part time teachers are a true asset to our schools, and moving forward the opportunity for some teachers to work more flexibly is key to the world of education, supporting the well-being of our workforce.
If you choose to apply for a part time programme, you will:
- Undertake the full two-week induction in Year 1
- Undertake the majority of the remainder of your cohort training in Year 1
- Spend two days in school per week in Year 1
- Spend two and a half days in school per week in Year 2 plus an afternoon per week either training or consolidating training with your fellow part-time trainee teachers
- Undertake additional bespoke training as necessary either as a part of the part time cohort or individually
If you choose to apply for a part time programme, we will:
- Provide you with a SCITT mentor, who will specifically support you as a part time trainee
If you choose to apply for a part time programme, you can train to teach in the following programmes (with the option of QTS only or QTS with PGCE):
- Primary (5-11)
- Primary (with Maths)
Other subjects may be considered on an individual basis.