Why Train With Us
Our bespoke training focuses on developing and nurturing creative teachers who inspire learners.
EAST SCITT programmes are focused on producing highly effective, fully qualified teachers. Our school-led model will give you the skills and experience needed to secure a teaching position in primary or secondary schools.
We know that your role in becoming a teacher is both exciting and demanding. We understand that trainees have individual needs and we will tailor our support to ensure that these are met.
Through our excellent partnership with schools in Suffolk, we're able to provide you with effective mentorship and “hands on” experience that supports you on your journey to becoming an outstanding teacher. Our team of trainers are all current practitioners in schools, giving you the chance to work with and learn from experts in their field.
It is our intent to provide all of our trainee teachers with a broad, balanced and challenging curriculum, which is sufficiently flexible to meet personal, local or national priorities and needs. The quality of our ITT curriculum can be judged on how effectively we provide our trainees with opportunity to develop:
- Primary / Subject Curriculum
- Progression in subjects across key stages
- Effective pedagogy
- Theories of teaching and learning
- Statutory Frameworks e.g. Safeguarding, Inclusion
- Be resilient and self-reliant teachers
- Manage behaviour for learning
- Manage own workload and work life balance
- Be an accurate communicator
- Self-reflect and self-research
- Teach creatively to secure pupil progress
ITT Curriculum Implementation
During our training period, we will use a number of interconnected and sequential mechanisms to support the development of our trainees’ knowledge and skills including:
- Centre based training led by Expert Practitioners
- School based training led by expert mentors
- Competency coaching led by link tutors
- On line learning and self-study
ITT Curriculum Impact
The impact of our curriculum provision, will be evident by the confidence and competency demonstrated by our trainees, who will have successfully met the Teaching Standards, as they enter their first teaching post and remain in the profession, making a difference to the life chances of children they teach.